MB Live App Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Updated November 23, 2015
- To enter the Manitoba Live App Launch Contest (the “Contest”), participants will be directed via on location events in Manitoba with an additional push online via social media, for a chance to win prizes. Random participant will enter to win by gong to www.manitobalive.ca where they will find and entry form with the following directions. Enter name, email address, phone number and date of birth, by following these instructions entrants will be eligible for entry into the Prize Draw, as described below (an “Eligible Draw Entrant”). Manitoba Music and 103.1 Virgin Radio and its representatives have the full and absolute discretion to disqualify any Eligible Draw Entrant who fails to meet the criteria as stated in the official rules and regulations. The Contest Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to any Eligible Draw Entrant so disqualified. The odds of becoming an Eligible Draw Entrant will depend on the total number of entries received during the Contest Period. The Contest starts at 11:00am CST, Wednesday, November 25, 2015 and closes Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 5:00pm CST (the “Contest Period”). There are a variety of prizes to be won, at the event (the “Prizes”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- The contest sponsors are: Manitoba Music and 103.1 Virgin Radio / 99.9 BOB FM , a division of Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
- To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsors, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Subject to the age limitation provided above, entrants who are under the age of majority at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win a Prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts the Prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- Random draws for Prizes will be held when prizes are made available until the end of contest as previously stated. The draw will take place at Manitoba Music, 1-376 Donald Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, from among all Eligible Draw Entrants. Some prizes will be given away onsite. The “Prize Draw” Entrants drawn will each be eligible to win a Prize. Manitoba Music or their representatives, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize Winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won a Prize by phone within three (3) hours after the Prize Draw. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) hours after the Prize Draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Manitoba Music. Before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than March 25, 2016.
- By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsors reserve its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.